THE WALKING COMPANY REWARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Rewards Program is provided by The Walking Company for U.S. residents who enroll as members. At this time residents outside the United States are not eligible to join the Rewards Program. These Rewards Terms and Conditions are effective as of November 1, 2014, and may be amended from time to time by the Walking Company. By becoming a Rewards Program member and participating in the Rewards Program, you the member (i) represent that you are an Eligible Customer (as defined below under “General”), (ii) consent to The Walking Company collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as set out in the “Privacy” section below, and (iii) accept these Rewards Terms and Conditions, as they may be amended from time to time (updated versions will be posted on our website at www.thewalkingcompany.com/info/rewards).
- No purchase is necessary to join the Rewards Program, but purchases are required to earn points and maintain points and level of membership status, as discussed below. You may join in-store or online at www.thewalkingcompany.com/info/rewards.
- For every $1 in purchases (excluding returns, taxes and/or shipping), Rewards Members will receive 1 point, Rewards PLUS members will receive 1.1 points and Elite Rewards members will receive 1.25 points. Purchases may be made at The Walking Company stores, online at thewalkingcompany.com, or by phone.
- To earn points, customers must identify themselves at check-out as a Rewards member and have their membership verified. Members may confirm that points have been added to their account by visiting thewalkingcompany.com/info/rewards 7 to 10 days following the date of the purchase, or by calling 1-844-TWC-VIPS. Points become eligible or available for REWARD certificates 30 days after the purchase date.
- Purchases applying a merchandise credit, gift card or Reward Certificate will only earn points to the extent the purchase amount exceeds the value of the credit, gift card or certificate. For example, if you redeem a $20 Rewards certificate on a $60 purchase, you will earn points only on the remaining $40 of the purchase amount.
- For every 500 points you earn that become available (after the 30 day vesting period) you will receive a Rewards Certificate of $20 to apply to a future purchase.
- For every 1500 points you earn during the lifetime of the program you will receive a Free Shoe Rewards Certificate redeemable for a free pair of shoes from select brands up to a retail price of $140. This reward is in lieu of the $20 Rewards Certificate that would have been earned after reaching 1500 points from 1000 points. Applicable shoe brands, styles and retail value for Free Shoe Rewards Certificates subject to change (any change will be posted on our website at www.thewalkingcompany.com/info/rewards).
- The Walking Company may at any time change the number of points required for a specific Reward (any such changes will be posted on our website at www.thewalkingcompany.com/info/rewards).
- Rewards Certificates will be issued by email as points earned (pending) become points available (active) after the 30 day vesting period. Reward Certificates are processed weekly but such timing may change at our discretion. Five hundred points will be redeemed or expired from your account for every $20 Rewards Certificate or Free Shoe card issued. The Walking Company is not responsible for Rewards Certificates that are late, lost, misdirected, not delivered or not received. Members are responsible for ensuring that all contact information including email address on file is correct and up to date.
- Members will be issued a Rewards Certificate equal to $20 for every 500 points available in their balance – i.e. if your available or active points balance at time of processing is 550 points, you will be issued a Rewards Certificate for $20 and have 50 points remaining; if your balance at time of statement is 1080 points, you will be issued a Rewards Certificate for $20 and have 580 points remaining. Remaining points will carry forward to the next processing date a week later. Members will not receive a credit or cash back for partially redeemed Rewards Certificates, any unused portion will be forfeited. For example, if you use a $20 Rewards Certificate towards a $15 purchase, you will not receive any credit or cash back, the $5 balance will be forfeited.
- Rewards members will also receive free ground shipping on orders containing shoes or orthotics online at www.thewalkingcompany.com, via phone, or via the in-store kiosk in a The Walking Company store.
- The Walking Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to void Reward Certificates sent due to error, fraud or misuse of the Rewards Program.
- Member must have purchase activity with The Walking Company to maintain points and their level of membership status. If during any 24-month period after enrolling there is no such purchase activity by a member, (i) the member’s membership status will be reduced to the next lower level, and (ii) any then-accumulated points will be terminated. If the member is already at or has been moved to the lowest Reward level – Rewards Member – they will stay at that level unless they request termination. A member’s status as a Brand VIP member will not be reduced due to 24 months of inactivity, but will result in their then-accumulated points being terminated.
- Reward certificates will be issued with a 180-day expiration date. If a Reward certificate is not used before its expiration date, it will be void.
Rewards PLUS Membership
- Rewards Plus status is achieved by enrolled Rewards members who have had a foot scan in one of The Walking Company’s retail store locations, purchased one pair of shoes, and purchased one pair of orthotics, all within one 12-month period. Rewards Plus status also automatically will be attained by achieving one or more of the Brand VIP memberships – ABEO, ECCO, or Dansko - described below.
- Members who achieve Rewards PLUS status will receive 1.1 points instead of 1 point for every $1 in purchases (excluding returns, taxes and/or shipping) at The Walking Company stores, via phone, or online at www.thewalkingcompany.com.
- Members who achieve Rewards PLUS status also will receive 25% bonus points on purchases made by them during the month of their birthday (excluding returns, taxes and/or shipping) at The Walking Company stores, via phone, or online at www.thewalkingcompany.com. In order to be eligible for this benefit, the Member has to include their birth month in their The Walking Company Rewards profile which can be accessed and edited online at www.thewalkingcompany.com.
- Rewards PLUS members also will receive, upon request, a free shoe refreshing for one pair of shoes purchased from The Walking Company any time they visit a The Walking Company retail store.
Elite Rewards Membership
- Elite Rewards status is achieved by enrolled Rewards members who spend $350 or more at The Walking Company stores, via phone or online at www.thewalkingcompany.com over a rolling 12-month period.
- Members who achieve Elite Rewards status also will automatically achieve Rewards PLUS status and enjoy the benefits of that program except that they will receive 1.25 points instead of 1.1 points for every $1 in purchases (excluding returns, taxes and/or shipping) at The Walking Company stores, via phone, or online at thewalkingcompany.com, and will receive the following additional benefits
- Elite Rewards members also will be given one birthday “gift with footwear purchase” during their birth month. If there are multiple purchases during the member’s birth month, only the first purchase will be eligible for that birthday gift. In order to be eligible for this benefit, the Member has to include their birth month in their The Walking Company Rewards profile, which can be accessed and edited online at www.thewalkingcompany.com.
- Elite Rewards members will also receive free 2nd Day shipping on orders containing shoes or orthotics online at www.thewalkingcompany.com, via phone, or via the in-store kiosk in a The Walking Company store.
- Elite Rewards members will also receive free return shipping for items purchased online at www.thewalkingcompany.com as well as for products ordered on the in-store kiosk at a The Walking Company store – up to two pairs of shoes per order.
- Elite Rewards members are eligible to receive special offers for a higher level of discount on selected sale items.
Brand VIP Membership
- The Walking Company also has 3 Brand VIP programs: Dansko VIP, Ecco VIP, and Abeo VIP. A customer may be a member of any or all of these programs.
- A Brand VIP Club status is achieved by an enrolled Reward member at the time of purchase of the second pair of the same brand of shoes of one of the 3 eligible brands – Dansko, Ecco, and Abeo – within a rolling 12-month period.
- Members who achieve Brand VIP status will also automatically achieve Rewards PLUS status and enjoy the benefits of that program. If a member with Brand VIP status achieves Elite Rewards status (as provided above), they will enjoy the benefits of both programs. In addition, Brand VIP status confers the following additional benefits:
- Brand VIP members will also receive free 2 day shipping on orders of shoes from the respective VIP Brand placed online at www.thewalkingcompany.com, via phone, or in-store at a location of The Walking Company.
- ECCO and ABEO VIP members are eligible to receive a free shoe care product when they purchase a shoe of the same brand at a retail store location of The Walking Company after qualifying for the program.
- Dansko VIP's are eligible to receive a free shoe care product with every Dansko Pro or Dansko ProXP purchase at a retail store location of The Walking Company after qualifying for the program.
- Brand VIP’s are eligible for exclusive access to unique products made available by The Walking Company only for the Brand VIP member.
- Brand VIP’s are eligible for early access to sale and clearance items offered by The Walking Company of the respective brands.
- Brand VIP’s are eligible for early access to new releases of products by The Walking Company of the respective brands.
- Customers must be of the age of majority in their state of residence and have a valid U.S. mailing address and/or email address to participate (“Eligible Customer”).
- Memberships and points cannot be transferred or combined with those of another member.
- Employees of The Walking Company, its parent company, or subsidiaries of either company, are not eligible to participate. Membership is also not available to corporations, partnerships or anyone other than an individual.
- Individual customers are limited to a single membership. Current members are not allowed to re-enroll and obtain additional member numbers.
- We reserve the right to cancel and/or modify the Rewards program and/or these Rewards Terms and Conditions and/or withdraw membership (including terminating any points accumulated and/or Rewards certificates issued) at any time. The Walking Company will have no liability to any member and is automatically released from all claims by members in respect of such actions.
- You may cancel your membership at any time by contacting Rewards Customer Service as described below.
- The Walking Company reserves the right to interpret and apply the policies and procedures communicated in these Terms and Conditions. All determinations by The Walking Company shall be final and conclusive in each case.
- The Walking Company and its parent and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) make no representation and provide no warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the Rewards Program, membership in the Rewards Program, or Reward Certificates.
- By participating in the Rewards Program, each member releases the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and other expenses (including, without limitation, legal and attorney’s fees) relating to that member’s participation in the Rewards Program, use of Reward Certificates, or agreement to these Rewards Terms and Conditions.
- The Walking Company may, at any time, terminate or modify the Rewards Program and program rules without further obligations to members.
- These Rewards Program Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between a member and The Walking Company that arises in whole or in part from participation in the Rewards program shall be filed and decided exclusively in the state courts in Santa Barbara County, California or the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- For questions concerning your account status, program information, or to join, please contact Rewards Customer Service:
- Visit us 24/7 at www.thewalkingcompany.com/info/rewards.
- U.S. members, call our dedicated Rewards phone line at 1-844-TWC-VIPS.
- Write to Rewards Customer Service at: 519 Lincoln County Parkway, Lincolnton, NC 28092
- For questions concerning your account status, program information, or to join, please contact Rewards Customer Service:
- To redeem a Rewards Certificate in a The Walking Company store simply present the certificate at the time of purchase. To redeem online, enter the Rewards member number and the online promo code found on your Reward Certificate at checkout. To redeem via phone, simply advise the customer service representative that you have a certificate and provide them with the promo code found on your Reward Certificate when requested. Online and phone orders can only be shipped within the 50 United States; orders cannot ship internationally, or to U.S. territories/commonwealths.
- Rewards Certificates may be used one time only.
- Reward Certificates may not be exchanged, refunded, or redeemed for cash or any other form of credit. Certificate is redeemable only by the member to whom it was issued.
- Rewards Certificates will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- The value of a Rewards Certificate applied to a purchase will not be returned if the purchased product is returned. Reward Certificates cannot be applied to previous purchases.
- Altered Reward Certificates and any Reward Certificates that are reproduced are void. Rewards Certificates may not be used for the purchase of gift cards/certificates.
- The Walking Company collects personal information from Rewards members, including name and contact information, and information about a member’s purchase history, in order to administer the Rewards program, including to: (i) calculate points accumulated and deducted; (ii) calculate Rewards; (iii) better understand the needs and shopping habits of members; and (iv) to communicate with members by email to provide Reward statements and other information about the program, as well as special offers and notifications about member promotions, fashion trends and upcoming events.
- If you have any questions or would like more information, please write to The Walking Company Rewards Customer Service as described above.