The Walking Company, the world’s leading retailer of comfort footwear is searching for a District Manager in the New England market covering MA, NH, RI & ME. For over 22 years, The Walking Company has been the leader in providing comfortable footwear for every lifestyle.
The critical role of District Manager is being responsible for fostering a culture of exceptional customer service and high operational & visual standards inside of each location. The Walking Company customer experience goal requires a results driven candidate who can lead in sales, be the example & driver of a culture of customer service, develop leadership, and has the utmost integrity.
- Drive and maintain district sales by motivating and inspiring store managers & store associates to exceed sales goals and productivity standards. Must be able to lead by example on the sales floor.
- Creates a work culture that inspires enthusiasm, mutual trust, respect, professionalism, and teamwork to achieve goals. Fosters an environment where successes and opportunities are shared.
- Actively Networks & Hires high caliber store managers & other store management who possess the ability to create bench strength and career paths to help retain talent.
- Sets expectations in regards to utilization our numerous methods of Training to ensure that associates are providing exceptional customer service.
- Conduct regular store visits to ensure that the Selling Experience, Visual Standards, and Operation Standards are in-line with the TWC brand image.
- Identify and Communicate district trends in merchandise and business trends in order to maximize business.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of corporate personnel and to create corporate partnerships to assist in the growth of the district’s business.
Qualified Candidates Must Possess
- 2+ years of multi-unit management
- Proven managerial, leadership, and problem solving skills within a multi-unit sales organization
- Proven ability to Network, Hire, and Develop high quality management and sales associates
- Proven ability to Assess performance and Coach for success
- Must have strong selling and sales training skills
- Ability to maintain high morale and engagement with associates
- Must have good organizational skills in a fast paced environment
Please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration.