Ecommerce Web Designer/Developer
Westlake Village, CA
Founded in 1991, The Walking Company is the leading national specialty retailer of high quality comfort shoes and accessories, dedicated to bringing customers the best comfort brands from around the world. Offering the most technically-advanced selection of comfort footwear under one roof, The Walking Company sells premium and exclusive brands such as ABEO® biomechanical footwear™, Dansko®, Umberto Raffini®, UC 24/7® and Thad Stuart®.
The Walking Company headquarters are based in Westlake Village, CA and sells its products in over 200 stores in premium malls nationwide, and through TheWalkingCompany.com. The success of the company can be attributed to an excellent product assortment, strategic marketing initiatives, and exceptional customer service.
The ideal web designer/developer will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be prepared to share new ideas and directions to grow the company’s ecommerce business and contribute to the ongoing improvement of the company’s online presence.
- Strong hand-coding HTML and CSS skills that conform to current best practices and standards.
- An understanding of responsive design concepts and experience implementing them (bootstrap).
- Excellent Graphic design skills – Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign etc.
- Willingness to present new ideas for the design of the sites and the ability to modify those ideas to fit our business requirements.
- Experience working on a public facing ecommerce site that can be reviewed during the interview process.
- Ability to work closely with the programmers to deliver updates and enhancements to the websites.
- ASP.NET, MVC, C# experience preferred.
Desired Education or Degree: BA/BS in related field a plus.