Westlake Village, CA
Founded in 1991, The Walking Company is the leading national specialty retailer of high quality comfort shoes and accessories, dedicated to bringing customers the best comfort brands from around the world. Offering the most technically-advanced selection of comfort footwear under one roof, The Walking Company sells premium and exclusive brands such as ABEO® biomechanical footwear™, Dansko®, Umberto Raffini®, UC 24/7® and Thad Stuart®.
The Walking Company headquarters are based in Westlake Village, CA and sells its products in over 200 stores in premium malls nationwide, and through TheWalkingCompany.com. The success of the company can be attributed to an excellent product assortment, strategic marketing initiatives, and exceptional customer service.
The Database and Data Analyst will be responsible for:
- Ensuring appropriate inventory levels for the website, to include supporting key categories and promotions.
- Setting those inventory levels and creating web fill in orders as appropriate
- Responsible for weekly reports and updating files/databases supporting those reports
- Creating ad-hoc store transaction reports utilizing transaction files
- Create and provide season end recaps of categories/vendors
- Responsible for supporting allocation strategies by analyzing historical and current selling trends including sales, inventory, turnover and gross margin
- Extract Data from Island Pacific host system through AS400 query and utilize Visual Basic to create templates for others to have access to the data
- Support execution of monthly DC callback from stores and follow up compliance
- Extract data from warehouse module to provide pick/pack information
- Back up Key Item Manager; update key item files, extract data from Key Item files as needed
Tasks performed: Heavy Excel, Access, Visual Basic and AS400 Query.
- Analyze web performance and set inventory levels
- Utilize Monthly callbacks to ensure web instocks
- All of the tasks listed above
Requirements: Must have knowledge of Advanced Excel, Access Visual Basic and AS400 Query and have an understanding of retail processes and math.
Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in Business or Economics