Senior Graphic Designer
Westlake Village, CA
Founded in 1991, The Walking Company is the leading national specialty retailer of high quality comfort shoes and accessories, dedicated to bringing customers the best comfort brands from around the world. Offering the most technically-advanced selection of comfort footwear under one roof, The Walking Company sells premium and exclusive brands such as ABEO® biomechanical footwear™, Dansko®, Umberto Raffini®, UC 24/7® and Thad Stuart®.
The Walking Company headquarters are based in Westlake Village, CA and sells its products in over 200 stores in premium malls nationwide, and through TheWalkingCompany.com. The success of the company can be attributed to an excellent product assortment, strategic marketing initiatives, and exceptional customer service.
The Senior Graphic Designer will be responsible for the development and creation of graphic materials throughout a wide variety of media forms - digital and print advertising, branding campaigns, brochures, logos and websites.
He or she should be able to work collaboratively with leadership to translate written and spoken ideas into compelling visuals, resulting in several solid design options that meet established objectives.
- Expert MAC skills - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (retouching and color correction skills a plus).
- Strong understanding of we design, UX (coding unnecessary).
- 5+ years experience in-house creative or agency
- Must have ability to work at quick pace
- Adaptive - must be able to always meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a "can-do" attitude
- Degree from accredited art school or institution in design.